Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pinaputok na Plapla sa Gata at Pagmahahal (Para Kay Babe)

In between writing and living, there’s loving. So recently another was added to my great loves—which are books and writing, life itself and the world—and he is Bob Jerezo, 22-year-old seaman-to-be and a good singer and yeah hottie! Great angst comes with great love, particularly with this one, but that’s another story. So anyway, this entry may be very different from the usual entries in my blog. Very, very personal. Mushy maybe. But it is as vital and major as the other subjects.

Anyway, he slept in my room on May 9, 2010, and sometimes I cooked a special dish for him for lunch the following day. While he slept, after playing addictively to Plants Vs. Zombies, I went to the Pasig Mega Market to buy ingredients for pinaputok na plapla sa gata (Grilled tilapia in coconut milk), which I renamed Pinaputok na Plapla sa Gata at Pagmahahal (Para Kay Babe) (Grilled Tilapia in Coconut Milk and Love [For Babe]). Yeah, I know.

So I bought four fat tilapias, freshly squeezed coconut milk and mustard leaves, the main ingredients. Though I love exploring the wet markets, I seldom buy or namamalengke. At home, my mother and my sister did that. I had the fishmonger clean the tilapia, taking out the gills and the intestines. When I got home, I found out that they need to be cleaned of their scales. So scrubbed their scales off. I was almost sunrise. The scales flew everywhere, some onto my shirt. I was a tired after that and a little irked. I stored the tilapia, rubbed with salt and pepper, and the rest of the ingredients in the fridge. When I went into the room, Babe was sleeping soundly, an angel. My vexation slowly faded away. I climbed into bed and slept beside him. I hoped the pinaputok na plapla will be great.

I woke up past ten in the morning and jumped out of bed to prepare the dish. We did not have any charcoal left. So under the searing heat, I scoured the neighbourhood for charcoal. Babe was already awake when I got back and started playing Plants Vs. Zombies again. I grilled the tilapia.



After grilling them, I wrapped them in mustard leaves, which was a tricky thing to do. I readied the wok. I heated vegetable oil and sautéed chopped garlic, slivers of ginger, onion and sliced chillies. I poured in the coconut milk, constantly stirring, and waited for it to simmer. The fire was always low. I threw in a dash of salt and pepper.



I carefully put the grilled tilapia wrapped in mustard leaves into the simmering coconut milk, and covered the whole thing.




After several minutes the dish was ready. I sprinkled some chopped cilantro and put it into a plate.




I served the pinaputok na plapla sa gata, together with steaming rice and a dip of patis with chopped chillies, on bed. We ate together. Babe loves tilapia. He loved my pinaputok na plapla, he said. “Parang luto ng chef,” he said. Yeah, right. He finished the whole serving. In the early evening, he had another. The mustard leaves can be bitter, which wonderfully contrasted with the rich taste of the coconut milk. When cooked enough, the bitterness can be lessened. It is not totally gone though. There is always a hint of bitterness, just like life and love, but it can be inundated by the richness of the coconut milk, slowly being stirred and simmered with love.



14 comments:

慧茹慧茹 said...

Good la........................................

LudivinaLe88787 said...

5278成人色論 成人論壇,情色 成人交友 洪爺主播情人視訊 日本avdvd 1007視訊 1111無碼女優,美女圖,成人 光碟 網交聊天室 成人情色網站 0401免費視訊 成人資訊論壇 美女短片免費試看 免費a影片,性愛文學 免費影片蒼井空 日本a v短片 線上免費a片 網愛聊天室 919情色論壇 免費試看av 北台灣視訊援交影片 免費影片欣賞 34c視訊交友90739 線上視訊聊天 520聊天室meet520 85cc免費影片視訊聊天 極度色文學小說xxx383美女寫真 okav成人影城 雪之深戀 080聊天網水之浪漫 成人視訊交友 911成人 視訊交友ing 免費視訊mmshow av女優報報,性愛技巧 色情漫畫 ut聊天室90691 情色視訊交友 小老鼠咆嘯論壇分享論壇 聊天室入口 百事成人電影 ing影音視訊聊天室 aio免費aa片試看 lover99秘密情人網 視訊交友cleansing 18成人動漫畫 視訊av美女 情色視訊 av 成人動畫 18禁地戀愛遊戲 全民愛愛區 男同志聊天室

怡潔向霖 said...

成功的第一要素是珍惜自己 ............................................................

雅雯雅雯 said...

Judge not a book by its cover...................................................

tyroneb said...

所有的資產,在不被諒解時,都成了負債..................................................

SadeRa盈君iford0412 said...

一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼..................................................

芸茂 said...

自然是上帝最偉大的神來之筆。 ............................................................

劉淑芬 said...

我們不是因為快樂而歌唱,而是唱歌使我們快樂......................................................................

麗芬 said...

這麼好的部落格,以後看不到怎麼辦啊!!......................................................................

江婷 said...

河水永遠是相同的,可是每一剎那又都是新的。....................................................................

信豪信豪 said...

Poverty is stranger to industry.................................................................

芸茂 said...

人不能像動物一樣活著,而應該追求知識和美德............................................................

雅莊王edgd春2蕙婷余惠其 said...

Hello~Nice meet you~~............................................................

吳婷婷 said...

quite touching~~~thx for sharing..................................................................